Monday, April 20, 2015

Strong Recommendations from Mariah Rideaux

I came into this program on a last minute whim to strengthen my background experience for a Marriage and Family Therapy Masters Degree. I had intended it to be a stepping-stone, but instead I experienced a full 360 transformation. In addition, I have awakened a new passion I never knew existed within me. The EC-SEBRIS program has expanded and strengthened my skills of working with families. I have 6.5 years of experience working with children and thought I didn't have much room left to grow. However, I have blossomed in the way I work with children from a social-emotional perspective. I have learned to be more patience, understanding, and caring with the families I serve. The EC-SEBRIS program has also helped me learn to navigate my new position as the supervisor of a brand new preschool program in a hospital setting. To have the appropriate boundaries in working through a sensitive environment is a gift to both the families I serve and myself. I have an enormous appreciation for how important social and emotional development is in early-childhood and this appreciation drives me to create the most nurturing and supportive preschool environment possible. Instead of switching over into an MFT program upon finishing the EC-SEBRIS program, I have decided to finish this journey and obtain my Master's Degree in Child Development. I feel my time in this program is not ready to expire and I want to continue building myself into a strong early-childhood professional. I have already and will continue to strongly recommend this program to anyone interested in working with children and families. Having the EC-SEBRIS program as a foundation to fall back on will help any individual aiming towards a social service career-whether you want to work with young children or adults!

Mariah Rideaux

No comments:

Post a Comment