Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Behavioral consultant applies certificate coursework directly to the field

Current student Zoey Orgel shares the highlights of what she has gained from the EC-SEBRIS Certificate Program:
The EC-SEBRIS Certificate Program has been extremely beneficial to me thus far! I currently work as a behavioral consultant, providing 1:1 therapy for children with autism. I have learned a lot about ways to apply reflective practice skills to work with young children as well as exploring possible approaches to work effectively with the children and families.  
I have also learned a great portion of ecobehavioral assessment and intervention, focusing on understanding measurement and structured testing procedures related to socio-behavioral interventions for children in multiple settings.
Lastly, I have been learning about theories and approaches to emotional regulation in childcare settings, studying attachment, interpersonal neurobiology, and other developmental theories with a special emphasis on the applied use in early care and education settings.  
All of these classes are interrelated and I have used the knowledge I have gained in each class when working in the field. While I have gained a lot of useful information within the first month of school, I am looking forward to what the rest of the program has to offer! I am extremely excited for next semester's ABA class as I consistently implement this type of therapy throughout my sessions in the field!
The EC-SEBRIS Certificate is a program of the San Diego State Department of Child and Family Development. The Dept. of Child and Family Development also offers a Master of Science in Child Development. The Master of Science degree is one of only four child development programs available in the CSU system. 


EC-SEBRIS 2014 Orientation
The EC-SEBRIS certificate program is an interdisciplinary program for early childhood professionals who want to improve skills for working with young children who demonstrate socio-emotional and behavioral concerns, and their parents. 

The EC-SEBRIS program will accept applications for Fall 2015 admission from Oct. 1, 2014 to March 2, 2015.

For more information on the EC-SEBRIS graduate certificate program, visit our website

No comments:

Post a Comment